June 17, 2014
Amid Social Media Buzz, Don’t Forget Email Marketing
The marketing world is fully enamored with social media. But with all the focus on social, author Dale Traxler of practical eCommerce, reminds fellow ecommerce marketers not forget about email marketing. “Email may not be trendy,” says Traxler, “but it’s cheap, easy to measure, and easy to target. It’s a good place to do testing, it keeps your brand visible, and at the end of the day it delivers results.” – We like the sound of that! Some of the Traxler’s reasons for keeping a focus on email marketing?
- Click through rates are still higher than online advertising.
- Lists are easy to build. Traxler says, “ For online retailers, it’s easy to grow your email list by promoting it on your website and through your social media channels. Unsubscribe rates are typically low, so your list will almost always grow.”
- List segmentation is easy and great for targeting customers.
- Conversion rates are high.
- A/B testing is easy.
- It’s inexpensive.
- Email adapts well to mobile.
- There’s isn’t any conversation to monitor.
- Email is easy to measure.
- Templates are easy to build and customize.