April 14, 2015
7 Steps to Stay Friendly: Mobile Optimization & Google Algorithm Change
Why Your Website Needs to Be Google Mobile-Friendly
- Your website needs to be mobile-friendly since more than half of all global web traffic comes from mobile devices.
- Google prioritizes mobile page load speed as a key metric when determining your website's search ranking, which is significant since 94% of organic search traffic comes from Google.
- Google offers free online tools to help you evaluate how mobile-friendly your website is and provides tips to help you optimize it.
- Audit your site for mobile friendliness ASAP
- Analyze your mobile share of voice, look at competitive sites and where you stack up and rank – mobile optimization from April 21 is a new competitive sub market
- Optimize and follow Google best practice – it is fair to say "you have been warned" by Google
- Track keyword trends and mobile rankings across device type such as desktop, mobile, and tablet
- Measure mobile rank and results at a page level
- Report keyword trends and rankings across device type for local and global results
- Refine and fine tune the six elements above with regard to your mobile strategies, approach, and tactics