Why Your Website Needs to Be Google Mobile-Friendly
- Your website needs to be mobile-friendly since more than half of all global web traffic comes from mobile devices.
- Google prioritizes mobile page load speed as a key metric when determining your website’s search ranking, which is significant since 94% of organic search traffic comes from Google.
- Google offers free online tools to help you evaluate how mobile-friendly your website is and provides tips to help you optimize it.
Here is 7 Steps to Stay Mobile-Friendly:
- Audit your site for mobile friendliness ASAP
- Analyze your mobile share of voice, look at competitive sites and where you stack up and rank – mobile optimization from April 21 is a new competitive sub market
- Optimize and follow Google best practice – it is fair to say “you have been warned” by Google
- Track keyword trends and mobile rankings across device type such as desktop, mobile, and tablet
- Measure mobile rank and results at a page level
- Report keyword trends and rankings across device type for local and global results
- Refine and fine tune the six elements above with regard to your mobile strategies, approach, and tactics
Technology platforms that are mobile-aware allow customers to get a close look at the share of voice in their industry across various devices, such as smartphones and tablets, and compare to competitors.
Using this information, website designers can gain a better understanding of how to cater to their mobile customers and how to optimize their site to attract them. Not only will this now help to attract customers, but it can also demonstrate to the Google spiders that this website takes mobile optimization seriously, which will boost your mobile site performance.